According to Westropp, Fedamore church was listed in 1410 as dedicated
to St John the Baptist. The Church of Ireland church was built in 1740
and demolished in 1956. All traces of this church are now gone.
Kilpeacon Church of Ireland church was built originally in 1690 by Sir
W. King, who died in 1706, and whose ornate marble memorial was re-inserted
in the nave of the present church. The 1690 structure now forms the nave
of the present church. According to Westropp, Kilpeacon church was listed
in 1410 as dedicated to St Becan. However, this church was gone when the
new church was built in 1690. Mr Edward Villiers added a tower in 1759.
The church was re-built in 1762. It was repaired and enlarged in 1820,
and a new chancel was added in 1867, when the East Window, a memorial
to the Westropp family of Attyflin was inserted.
© Rockstown Church Ruin
The remains of a large church are to be found in Rockstown
graveyard. This church was probably associated with the nearby Rockstown
castle. A plaque over the church door states that John Kelly erected the
church in 1830. A stone plaque in the church wall reads: Here rests what
remains of James Barry of Friarstown and his wife Anatisa 5th in descent
of David Barry of same, 1655. Westropp mentions Rockstown church, but
states that featureless fragments remained in 1840.
© Possibly the site of the Church in Fanningstown
There was a church at Fanningstown called Temple Roe. No
trace of this church remains, however, although the graveyard surrounding
the site of the old church is currently being cleaned.
Westropp also refers to a church called Ballioweyn, of which the site
was unknown. There was a church that was attached to Kilpeacon called
Hackmys or Kilcoyn. No church ruins remain.