© Dromin Church
The church in Dromin was built in 1828 under the leadership
of Fr James O'Regan on the site of a thatched church that was the place
of worship prior to that date. The church was renovated at the turn of
the century and again in 1992. Outside the church in Dromin there is a
statue, which was erected in 1951, to Fr Stephen O'Dea to commemorate
his being a priest for 50 years.
© Altar in Dromin Church
Inside the church, there is a stained glass window given
by Fr John Irwin who was parish priest in 1982 when the church was renovated.
Mary Barry from Raymondstown also gave the stained glass window of the
Good Shepherd inside the door of the church.
The church has a wooden ceiling and the local parishioners donated the
Stations of the Cross. To the right of the altar there is a statue to
St. Joseph and to the left of the altar there is a statue to Mary. The
people of Dromin erected a plaque to the memory of Fr Patrick Ryan. Fr
Ryan was parish priest from 1849 until his death in 1866.
© Plaque to Fr Ryan
Buried within the church is:
Patrick Ryan P.P., Died June 24 1866, Aged 60
Buried in the grounds of the church are:
Stephen O'Dea, P.P. 1936-1963, Died November 24 1968, Aged 94
Michael Canty, Died January 4 1936, Aged 96
John J. Hennessy, Diocese of Dubuque, U.S.A., Died December 2 1974, (A
native of Cottage, Kilmallock)