© Raheenagh church
There are two churches in use in Killeedy parish at present,
the first at Raheenagh, and the second at Ashford. The present church
in Raheenagh was planned by W. Fogarty and built by P. Scanlan from Bruff
and building commenced in October 1863. This single nave church is situated
along the main road.
© Stained Glass window
in Raheenagh church
In the main porch of the church in Raheenagh there is a
plaque that states that Bishop Newman and Fr Patrick O'Dea PP rededicated
the church on October 17th 1976. The architects of the church were McMahon;
McMahon & Hickey of Limerick and the builders were West Riverside
Building Co. of Askeaton.
© Altar in Raheenagh church
Inside the main door there is a statue of St Joseph on the
right and a statue of Mary on the left. Over the main door of the church
there is a stained glass window of St Ita. This window, pictured above,
was erected in memory of Michael McAuliffe, Gorteen and his parents.
© Statues in Raheenagh church
In the left transept there is a statue of St Anthony, the
baptismal font and a statue of the Sacred Heart. A large crucifix stands
behind these three items. To the left of the altar there is a statue of
St Ita. Mrs Ned Cremin and Sean of Ballintubber donated the altar crucifix.
Buried in the grounds of the church are:
Martin O'Donnell,PP from 1979 until 1986, Died 1986, Aged 70
Mulcahy, PP of Killeedy for 33 years, Died April 19th 1906,