© Ashford church
Ashford church was built in 1835. Four years later, the
roof of the church in Ashford was blown off in "the night of the
big wind" on January 6th 1839. The church is situated on the R515
in the village of Ashford.
© Ashford church altar
There is a statue of St Joseph in the porch of the church. Inside the
church on the left there is a statue of St Anthony. Behind the altar on
the left there is a statue of St Ita while on the right there is a statue
of Mary. There is a picture of Jesus over the altar.
To the left of the altar there is a stained glass window depicting flowers
to the memory of Catherine L. Collins and on the right there is a similar
stained glass window to the memory of David O'Connor. There is a painting
of the Sacred Heart in the wooden bridge of the church.
© Statues in Ashford church
Buried within the church is:
Timothy O'Kelly, PP from 1887 until 1895, Died 30th January 1895