Diocese of Limerick Heritage Project Home Index Search Help

Churches   Kilfinane   Graveyards

Kilfinane Church | Church Ruins

Church Ruins

The present primary school in Kilfinane is on the site of the previous church in the parish. That church was built in Kilfinane in 1835 by Fr Sheehy, at a cost of £1,000 according to Patrick J. Connor's "Exploring Limerick's Past".

There is a large church ruin in the graveyard across from the present day church. This church was rebuilt in 1760. The ruin itself is covered in bushes. This church once served as a Church of Ireland church.

According to Westropp's "Survey of the Ancient Churches in the County of Limerick" the ruins of a church in Laurencetown appeared on maps of 1840.

Church ruin in Kilfinane graveyard
© Church ruin in Kilfinane graveyard

Kilfinane Church
| Church Ruins

Heritage Project Home | Kilfinane Home | Back to Top

Churches         Graveyards