© Kilfinane church and altar
The present church in Kilfinane was built during the tenure
of Fr Patrick Lee as parish priest in Kilfinane from 1877 until his death
in 1892. The church is dedicated to St Andrew.
At the back of the church on the right there is a plaque
in memory of Fr Maurice Fitzgibbon, who is buried in the grounds of the
church. Inside the door of the church on the left, there is a holy water
font, donated by Mary T. Hurley. The people of the parish donated the
Stations of the Cross.
© Stained glass windows at Kilfinane
Inside the church, on the left-hand side, there is a plaque
and stained glass window to Fr Patrick Lee who died on July 23rd 1892.
He is buried on the right hand side of the church, in front of the altar.
On the right-hand side, there is another stained glass window and a plaque
to the memory of Fr Lee. The people of the parish and friends of Fr Lee
To the left of the altar there is small altar to the Sacred
Heart. This altar and the stained glass window behind it are dedicated
to a former parish priest of Kilfinane, Fr Maurice Fitzgibbon. On the
right hand side of the altar there is a small altar to the Good Mother
Mary. The ladies of the parish erected this altar.
© Plaque to Fr Lee
Buried in the grounds of the church are:
John B. Kelly C.C., St. Michael's , Died December 8 1935, aged 33
Carroll P.P. Died April 14 1934, aged 62
U. Carr P.P., Died January 16 1945, aged 78
R. Power, Died July 1 1962, aged 78, A native of the parish
Sheehy, Died October 24 1844, aged 95
B. Tobin, Died November 20 1968
Michael Doody, Parish Priest 1971 - 1979, Aged 77
Patrick O'Dea, Parish Priest 1979 - 1990, Aged 79
(Patsy) Casey, Parish Clark, Died 1964
Fitzgibbon, P.P. of Kilfinane & Ardpatrick, Died Dec 1 1858,
John Carrick, Parish Priest 1892 - 1915, Died April 19 1915,
H. O'Keefe, Diocese of St. Augustine, FL, Died July 6 1960,
Dolan, President St. Munchin's College, 1934 - 1944, P.P. 1945 - 1955,