© Meanus Church
St Mary's church in Meanus was built in 1845/6. On the 20th
July 1845, Dr Cussen, P.P., got Lord Guillamore, who had given the site
gratis, to lay the first stone of the new Catholic church at Meanus.
© Altar in Meanus Church
The church in Meanus was renovated in 1999. The stained
glass windows in the church were donated by the Meanus Dramatic Class,
1915, Joseph and Mary Clancy, Timothy Hartigan of Crean House, and Stephen
and Mary Gleeson.
A plaque in the centre of the right wall is dedicated to the daughter
of John Gleeson, City of Limerick solicitor, who was buried here on the
19th September 1857 with permission granted by Bishop Ryan. An interesting
note about this plaque is that the daughter's name is not mentioned, although
it is she who is buried here.