© Grange Church
On July 11th 1837 the Bishop, Dr Ryan, laid the foundation
stone of Grange church. This church is dedicated to St Patrick and St
Brigid. The building of Grange church was completed in 1837 by Dr Robert
Cussen, P.P., Bruff.
© Altar in Grange Church
The church in Grange is small, with a high ceiling. Grange
graveyard is in the grounds of this church. Edmond and Alice Fitzgerald
gave the altar in this church. Richard O'Donnell donated the window to
the left of the altar in 1964.
Inside the church on the left is a plaque to Bishop John
Joseph Hogan. This plaque marks the 170th anniversary of his birth in
Cahirguillamore and his baptism in this church. Bishop Hogan founded the
Diocese of St Joseph's of Missouri in 1868 and the Diocese of Kansas City
in Missouri in 1880.
© Plaque to Bishop John Joseph Hogan
The grateful people of the Dioceses of Kansas City and St
Joseph presented the plaque and the Most Reverend Raymond J. Boland DD,
Bishop of Kansas & St Jospeh, unveiled it on the Feast of the Assumption
of Mary, 15 August 1999.