Inside the church, there are two transepts and a high wooden ceiling.
To the right of the altar are a statue to St. Joseph and the infant and
an altar to the Virgin Mary. In the left transept of the church there
is an altar to the Sacred Heart. There are also two stained glass windows
that were donated by Ed. Fitzgibbon to the memory of his wife Nano and
his Aunt Margaret.
© Stained glass windows in Bruree church
A small section of the altar rails still remains in the church. Miss
Mary Dunworth donated the altar rails. Nearby, in the left transept of
the church, there is a Mission Cross that was donated by Nano and Katie
Byrnes from Bruree in August 1929. The cross was given in memory of their
parents and sisters.
Mr. & Mrs. Carroll from Fort East erected the altar. Behind the main
altar there is a large stained glass window that is divided in three sections.
The window depicts (from left to right) the Virgin Mary, the Sacred Heart
and St Joseph. These windows were donated by (from left) Catherine Carroll
in memory of her husband John, and Brigid Lyons in memory of her husband
Cornelius and Brigid Cahill in memory of her husband Michael.
Above these, there is a round stained glass window that was given by
J. J. Byrnes in memory of his wife and his son in 1926. The window shows
the figures of St. Patrick and St. Brigid. Llew Conway gave the round
stained glass window above the door of the church in memory of his mother
Norah Byrnes Conway.
© Holy water font in the De Valera Museum
Before 1925, the church in Bruree was called St. Munchin's
and was built in 1842. This church, situated beside John Moloney's Bar,
is still standing and is now under the ownership of Shannon Development.
The church was used as a dancehall for a number of years. The old holy
water font from this church is now in the De Valera Museum and Bruree