© Patrickswell church
The church in Patrickswell is dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary. Bishop
Jeremiah Newman and Fr William Creed P.P officially opened the church
on June 9th 1977. The architects were John Thompson & Partners and
Patrick Healy was the builder. The McSweeney family gave the site for
the church and the Presbytery. The McSweeneys also gave the altar and
ambo as a gift. The church was re-roofed in 1994.
© Altar in Patrickswell church
© Stained glass windows in Patrickswell church
The stained glass window on the left depicts the Sacred
Heart while the stained glass window on the right shows the Virgin Mary.
At the back of the church on the left-hand side there is a statue to St
Anne, while to the right of the altar, there is a statue to Virgin Mary.
© Statue to right of altar in Patrickswell church
and Statue at back of Patrickswell church
Buried in the grounds of the church are:
O'Rourke, Parish Priest 1841-1867
Kirby, Parish Priest 1896-1924
Denis O'Brien, Parish Priest 1948-1962
Parish Priest 1962-1980
Parish Priest 1980-1988