© Ballyhahill church
Ballyhahill church was built in 1829 under the leadership
of Dean Patrick McNamara P.P. of Shanagolden. The church was dedicated
to Our Lady of the Visitation. According to a plaque in the main porch,
the church was renovated in 1969 and was reopened in 1971 by Bishop
Murphy and Patrick O'Dea P.P.
© Altar in Ballyhahill church
The altar in the church was erected to the memory of Fr
W. Walsh P.P. of Longton, Staffordshire, England. There is a statue
to Joseph and the Infant in the left transept of the church. To the
left of the altar, there is a painting of Jesus and Piontus Pilate washing
his hands. There is also a painting of Jesus and the crown of thorns,
which was a gift of Mrs Joyce.
© Stained glass windows in Ballyhahill church
To the right of the altar, there are two paintings, one
of Mary and Child, and the other of Jesus being laid in the tomb. In
the right transept there is a statue to Mary. There is a stained glass
window to the Sacred Heart in the right porch.
In the left porch of the church, there is a stained glass
window of Mary Immaculate, erected August 15th 1927.
Over the main door of the church, there is a wood carving
of the Last Supper.
© Statues in Ballyhahill church
Buried in the Church are:
James Hogan, Parish Priest 1863-1876
Parish Priest 1876-1892, Died September 14 1892
Danaher, Parish Priest 1892-1918, Died October 16 1918
Buried within the Church Grounds are:
Patrick J. O'Regan, Parish Priest 1973-1985, Died October 3, aged 72
O'Sullivan, Parish Priest 1948-1958, Died May 28 1958
Website by Lúnasa