The church in Ballyorgan was built in 1857.
The parish priest at the time, Darby Buckley wanted to build the church
on a piece of land owned by Lady Ashton who lived in Foynes. Fr Buckley
rode from Ballyorgan to Foynes to get permission to build the church.
His quest was not in vain.
© Stained Glass window in Ballyorgan Church
The cross in the grounds of the church is the spire from on top of the
church, which was taken down due to safety reasons. Inside the church
there is a plaque to Michael Gallagher from Houndscourt who donated the
high altar, the communion rails (which have now been removed) and the
chancel floor in memory of his brother Thomas and his sister Mary.
Daniel Nunan, who was a priest in Los Angeles, gave the stained glass
window on the left of the altar. His cousin, Bishop Daniel Mullins, who
was a Bishop in Wales, donated the stained glass window on the right hand
side of the altar.