Feenagh/Kilmeedy became a separate parish in 1841. Originally, it formed part of the large parish of Corcomohide. In 1704, Fr Maurice England was the parish priest of Corcomohide, which embraced the parishes of Drumcollogher, Kilmeedy and Castletown MacEnery and the area of Milford, which is in the neighbouring county of Cork. Around the time of Fr England's death in 1719, this parish was divided into the parishes of Drumcollogher (today the parish of Dromcollogher/Broadford) and Castletown Conyers.
In 1841 the parish of Castletown Conyers was further divided when the parish priest Fr Michael Kiely died. At this point, the parishes of Feenagh/Kilmeedy and Ballyagran/Colmanswell were formed. The first parish priest of Feenagh/Kilmeedy was Fr Edmund Molony in 1842.