© Church Ruin in Effin graveyard
According to Lewis, when Effin was united with Kilquane
and Kilbreedy minor, there were two small chapels in the parish, one at
Effin, the other at Kilbreedy. Kilbreedy Minor church was badly ruined
by the late 1830s. Only the middle and side walls of the choir remained.
© Church Ruin at Kilquane graveyard
Kilquane church was a brown sandstone church erected at
the foot of Cahir Hill. By 1840 little remained of this ancient structure.
Another church, Kilbigly church had disappeared by 1840.