© Colmanswell Church
The present church in Colmanswell dates from 1969 when the
foundation stone was laid by Bishop Henry Murphy and Fr John White P.P.
on February 23rd. The bell tower was erected in Christmas 1996. In the
grounds of the church there is a statue to the Virgin Mary in memory of
Fr Patrick Murphy C.C.
© Altar in Colmanswell Church
The statue to the left of the altar is in honour of Mary
while there is a statue to St. Peter on the right of the altar. The stained
glass window at the porch of the church commemorates the Ascension of
Our Lord into Heaven.
© Stained Glass Window in the porch
of Colmanswell Church
Buried in the grounds of the church are:
Patrick Murphy C.C., Died January 25 1950, aged 55
J. Gilligan, Diocese of Middlesbrough 1951-1977, C.C. Ballyagran/Colmanswell
1986-1990, Died April 26 1990