© Mountcollins church
The church in Mountcollins is dedicated to Our Lady of the
Assumption. It was built in 1859 and the building was extended during
1954/5. The church in Mountcollins is close to the Kerry border and indeed
some of the churchgoers here are from Co. Kerry. The church bell was installed
in 1992 in memory of Mrs Johanna Bell, who was a benefactress of the parish.
In the porch of the church there is a water font that was erected by Mountcollins
D. S. in 1945.
© Altar in Mountcollins church
There are stained glass windows on the left side of the church of St
Pius X, St Joseph and Blessed Oliver Plunkett. On the right hand side
of the church there are stained glass windows to St Anne, St Cecilia and
St Maria Goretti. Over the gallery there are stained glass windows of
the Blessed Virgin Mary and the Sacred Heart. Various donors presented
the stained glass windows to the church.
© Statues in Mountcollins church
There is an altar to St Theresa of Liseux on the left of the nave. To
the left of the main altar there is a statue to Mary and to the right
of the main altar, there is a statue to the Sacred Heart.
Buried in the grounds of the church is:
Daniel F. Murphy, C.C. 1949-1959, P.P. 1979-1990