© Kilmurry Church
Also in the parish there is a church at Kilmurry. The church
is no longer in use. There has been a church on this site for over 1,000
years. The original Celtic church was believed to have been founded by
St Muchoróg (also called Mo-chuaroch).
By 1615, the church was in ruins and rebuilt around 1625. However, this
church was destroyed during the Williamite wars in 1690/1. It was rebuilt
by Colonel Kilner Brazier in 1812 and dedicated to St Mary Magdalene.
There is a graveyard adjoining the church.