© Feohanagh church
The present church at Feohanagh was built in 1833. According
to an inscription on the foundation stone, the church was built by public
subscription in 1833 with the leadership of Fr R. M. Sheahan PP and Fr
R.P.B. Benson CC., the parish priest and curate at the time.
Lord Muskerry of Springfield gave the site for the church
and much of the necessary building material. The church was built mainly
by voluntary labour. The tiled floor was not laid until 1890. The present
roof was put on in 1938 and further renovated in 1978 by Fr Michael Kelly.
The church bell in Feohanagh was originally destined for Castlemahon church
but it was brought to Feohanagh by mistake.
© Altar in Feohanagh church
Over the main door of the church there is a stained glass
window of the Blessed Virgin. This window was donated to the memory of
Fr Con Gilbourne from Ballygulleen. Fr Gilbourne was a priest in the Diocese
of Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia.
© Stained glass window in
There is a crucifix over the marble altar. In the left transept there
is a statue of Mary. The baptismal font is situated in the right transept.
© Statue of Mary in Feohanagh church