© Killeedy graveyard
The graveyard at Killeedy is in the grounds of the church
ruins of St Ita. The oldest headstone that we found was in memory of
William Connellan who died on the 1st August 1781 at the age of 36.
The headstone is facing the opposite direction to the rest of the headstones
in the graveyard.
There is a tomb at the back of the church ruin but the
writing is faded and it was impossible to decipher for whom the tomb
was built. There are four priests buried in the graveyard; One in the
church ruin, one unmarked, one in memory of Fr Winters, a native of
the parish, and one at the back of the church ruin in memory of Fr Kenny.
© Oldest headstone in Killeedy graveyard
Website by Lúnasa