© Kildimo Church
The present day parish church in Kildimo is located in
the village. The inscription on the foundation stone of the church states
that it was blessed and laid by Bishop Murphy on January 6th 1969, with
John Godfrey, P.P. The church is dedicated to St Joseph.
© Altar in Kildimo church
The main altar of the church was donated by the O'Sullivan
family, Ballynolan. There is a statue of Our Lady Help of Christians
to the left of the altar. To the right of the altar is a statue of St
Joseph. The accompanying plaques ask parishioners to pray for the Cahill
family. There is a depiction of the crucifixion behind the altar.
© Statues in Kildimo church
The Stations of the Cross were taken from the old parish
church. The stained glass windows in the church were designed to incorporate
windows taken from the old church. Examples of this can be seen in the
window at the back of the church, as well as the depiction of St Agnes
in the centre window on the left-hand side of the church, and the depiction
of St Brigid in the centre window on the right hand side of the church.
Stained glass windows on either side of the altar depict the Good Shepherd
on the left, and the Holy Family on the right.
© Stained glass windows in Kildimo church
There is a statue to Our Lady in the grounds of the church. Memorial
plaques to Canon John Wallace, P.P. 1937-1953, and Canon David Fitzgerald,
P.P. 1953-1963 are also in the churchyard.
© Statue of Our Lady in Kildimo churchyard
Buried in the grounds of the church are:
John P. Godfrey , Parish Priest, January 1963 - June 1977
Canon David Crowley, Parish Priest, August 1977 - November 1998
Website by Lúnasa