© Kilcornan graveyard
The present graveyard in Kilcornan is about two hundred
yards from the church in Kilcornan on the opposite side of the road.
© Castletown graveyard
Castletown graveyard is situated on the outskirts of Pallaskenry
village. There is a cross at the entrance. This graveyard contains the
vault of the Waller family, who gave the site for the church. The only
name on the vault is that of John, a Member of Parliament who died on
November 15, 1836.
© Cross outside Castletown graveyard
In the graveyard there are a number of other tombs. There
are also a large number of stone markers without inscriptions. A lot
of the headstones were difficult to read because the writing has become
faded over the years. We came across a headstone to Fr Edmund Connery,
who was parish priest in Fedamore and Manister. Fr Connery died on January
15th 1858, aged 70. The oldest headstone that we found here was to James
Sheehy who died on November 6th 1733, at the age of 26.
© The Waller family vault
There were a number of children's burial grounds in the
parish, one at the church in Killeen and another in Kilbreedy. Usually
unbaptized children were buried at these locations.
Website by Lúnasa