© Baptismal Font and Tabernacle in the Holy Family Church
A plaque on the right door of the church details where various
items of the church originally came from. The Carmelite Sisters in Rathmines
donated the Stations of the Cross in 1979. They were made around 1840.
To the right of the high altar is the baptismal font, which has an angel
on either side. There is a stained glass medallion to the Holy Family
behind the baptismal font. In an alcove near the font, there is a shrine
to St Anthony.
© Shrine to Saint Anthony
Further right of the high altar, there is a small chapel
of the Blessed Sacrament. Within the chapel there are Stations of the
Cross and a shrine to St Joseph.
© Chapel of the Blessed Sacrament
In the left porch there is a picture of Pope John Paul II.
On the door into the church there are two glass panels on which an angel
is depicted on each panel. On the left-hand side of the church, there
is a framed stained glass of the Finding in the Temple. There is also
a stained glass medallion of the Presentation further along the wall of
the church. There is a shrine to the Immaculate Heart of Our Lady on the
left side of the church.
© Shrine to the Immaculate Heart of Our Lady
Along the wall there are three more stained glass medallions
of the Nativity, the Visitation and the Annunciation. There are seven
of these stained glass medallions in total in the church. They were donated
by the Christian Brothers School, Sexton St, Limerick. These medallions
were made about 1960 and were removed from their monastery in 1993.
© Stained Glass Medallions in the Holy Family Church
The High Altar and Tabernacle were gifts from Thomas &
Harriet O'Brien in honour of the Adorable Sacrament. They were presented
to the Sisters of Mercy of Bishop St on the feast of the Assumption, 1880.
To the right of the altar, there is a Crucifix. The altar, together with
the tabernacle and the statues in the church, was presented to the church
© Crucifix at the Altar in
the Holy Family Church