© Reilig Mhuire
Reilig Mhuire was opened in 1962 by Canon Martin. The graveyard
cost about £1250. It was first used in April 1961.
© Anhid Graveyard
Anhid graveyard is located just outside the town of Croom.
This graveyard was cleaned by a local committee last year, and is currently
in very good condition. One gable wall remains of the old church. The
two rivers, the Maigue and the Commogue join up behind the graveyard,
making this a very scenic location.
The oldest headstone that we found here was to Fr John Cantillon, who
was buried in Anhid church in 1723. We also found a headstone in memory
of Daniel Kennedy, Parish Priest, St Munchin's, who died 15th September
1878. There are three tombs on the left-hand side of the graveyard, and
one on the right.
Both Catholics and Protestants were buried in the Protestant graveyard,
which is located in the grounds of the Church of Ireland church, across
the road from the parish church.